Alki Parent Teacher Association is a parent driven volunteer organization dedicated to the social and academic enrichment of all students and families at Alki Elementary School. The PTA works closely with the principal, staff, parents and wider community to provide financial and volunteer support for a wide variety of programs and activities around these main goals:
- Promote a safe building and learning environment by funding playground/supervision support.
- Provide funding and volunteer support for academic enrichment activities.
- Ensure that every child is able to participate in field trips by providing scholarships.
- Coordinate volunteer resources throughout the school to improve learning and create a pleasant and inviting atmosphere.
- 2016/2017 PTA Calendar - Coming Soon!
- Alki PTA Contact List - Coming Soon!
- 2016/2017 General PTA Meetings - Coming Soon!
- Currents Newsletter & Archive
- Alki PTA Budget 2015-2016
Alki 2016/2017 PTA Executive Board
President: Amy Cooper (email@example.com)
Co-Vice President (Communications): Angela Powell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Co-Vice President (Fundraising): Lisa Rockel (email@example.com)
Co-Vice President (Events): Lindsay Yost (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer: Patti Johnson (email@example.com)
Secretary: Danielle Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Legislative Representatives: Elise Carlson-Rainer (email@example.com) & Vanessa Longacre-Wilcox (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We Hope You Will Join Us
We want to help provide the best possible school experience for every Alki child. The Alki PTA encourages all parents, staff, and community members who support that goal to join the PTA and become involved at any level and in a way that fits your time and talents.
For 2016/2017 joining Alki PTA will be easier than ever! Our membership drive will commence in August with online sign ups and opportunities to join in person at our back to school events. Also, look for our membership form in the back to school packets coming home in the first weeks of school. Remember there is NO OBLIGATION of time to join our organization!
If you have any questions please contact our Membership Chair: Candy Glover (email@example.com)
Getting involved with our PTA
The Alki PTA’s ability to deliver the depth of programs and activities we sponsor depends on the volunteer efforts and contributions of our parent community. There are many ways to be involved with PTA activities, both during and outside of school hours. Here are just a few:
- Stay in the communication loop by signing up for our weekly newsletter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend meetings and share your ideas and opinions
- Organize or help with PTA activities and fundraising events
- Offer grant writing and other professional services
We post late-breaking needs and information through our weekly Enews and our monthly PTA Currents newsletter, sent home via kid-mail.